From tomorrow I start a 5 day juicing diet which promises to boost my immune system and sharpen my senses. To this I add what I have learned about Mindfulness when I am eating, that is to savour each mouthful giving thought to what I am eating and all the events that lead to it coming to me.
It is a paradox! How can I be in control when stuff happens! I try to keep in control of my finances but world money issues squash that, I try to be fit and healthy but I get sick and comfort eat, I try to relax but my brain will not be still. And so it goes on. The more I learn and plan to change the more it seems beyond me. I will try and tackle one thing at a time and see what intelligence I can gather. I spent significant time over three days investigating whether I should take vitamin and mineral supplements to get the body functioning properly. It would seem that our food is so messed about with that all our system needs is not available so I shall pursue this further until I reach a compromised position. At the moment I have looked at power juicing, balanced diet, vegetarian diet, avoiding sugar, red and green days, drink lots of water, 5 fruits and vegetables a day, mindfulness whilst eating. I am confused.
- The balance of nutrients is critical for health or harm
- Minerals can be absorbed from food vitamins can decompose in storage, time or preparation
- Some nutrients interact well or badly e.g vit D helps to absorb calcium, vit C can block copper.
- Water soluable vitamins easily absorbed, circulate and kidneys regulate
- Vitamin A is needed for several things including some problems I have ,but I learn that it can be inhibited by a zinc deficiency